Saturday, August 8, 2009

This crazy thing called life.....

Again, it's been MONTHS, and I really DO mean to record all those moments I need to safely store away for the future. Sometimes in the crazy whirlwind of life we really do forget to stop and look at our achievements. We are always looking forward to what we NEED to achieve instead of glorifying in what WE HAVE achieved. In recent month I have found marriage particularily painful, this whole giving of oneself to another, I don't have the time or energy for all of this do I?. I am so keenly focused on the here and now that I am too busy to stop and appreciate some of our greatest achievements.

When I do stop and think about it we have had many many achievements. The achievement of NINETEEN years together is one, we have had four beautiful children together and I marvel in the wonder that is them each and every day.

The level of love and contentment we have achieved in our home is beyond compare, the simple fulfillment of 'belonging' that each of the girls relish in is without a doubt one of the most wonderful gifts we have been able to give our children.

They belong just as they are, despite imperfections, despite tantrums, they are loved, adored and idolised each and every day for the beautiful people that they are.

I woke up during the week to hear Samantha waking Emily 'Come on sweetheart - time to get up' she crooned. 'Would you like toast and milo for breakfast or cereal?' she asks.

There is no agenda here, no prize at the end of the giving, just the love of a twelve year old sister for her ten year old sister.

I think that is pretty special.

No comments: