Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Milly

Milly is my Labrador cross sharpei, poor baby was a guilt gift by my husband!

I used to have a beautiful lab called Molly but we had to leave her behind when we moved, funny we managed to bring his dog though.

So he has been trying to make up for it and Milly was my birthday present last year. So she is one now, as anyone that has a lab would know a one year old lab is the silliest dog you will ever meet and Milly is NO exception to that rule.

I cant hang washing on the back line, for a start you cant get to the line anymore because of the sun baking holes along the way, some of them are booked for deep mining exploration next year she has done a really good job with them.

Should you get to the clothes line you cant hang anything out because Milly will have it whipped of in seconds and line her sun baking holes with your nice clean washing.

The rest of the yard has been reduced to dust, as all good labs must have a racetrack to run back and forth on all day, the dream of grass has long gone.

We have the highest fence in the street now because my lab is also a jumper, yep she jumps the fence to run around to the front door, Id be flattered if I thought it was because she missed me, but the big attraction is getting into the house and out the back again past the cat food! Yep Milly is completely addicted to the delicious dry whiskas cat food.

I spent a lot of time in the last year comparing her to Molly, and I suppose at times wishing I still had Molly, not entirely fair to Milly and something I am going to make a real effort to stop doing!

Tomorrow I will take some photos of her, because you know I have just realised that I don't have a single picture of her - poor Milly.

No comments: