Thursday, August 26, 2010

Shop Shop Shop

Why is it that when you go to the shop you always end up spending way more than you planned.
It was all simple enough, I grabbed a couple of extra's earlier tonight because we had an extra for dinner, not even sure how that cost $20.

Then there was the second trip.  Sarah offered to make some things first thing in the morning for after Bec's funeral tomorrow so we had a list of things to get, then I added 3 boxes of cereal that where on sale and 6 boxes of washing powder that where 1/2 price, the girls then added some drinks and lollies, a must have when you have a friend stay over, pretty soon I was at $80 and I can't even eat solid food at the moment!

It's great that Sarah is making the cakes for after the funeral service, she offered because she knew I would resort to either atempting to do it myself and showcase my complete lack of ability in the kitchen OR I would buy things in the morning and then feel guilty about not taking nice home-cooked things.

Fortunately Sarah is quite the cook and will be whipping up passionfruit vanilla slices, mini hummingbird cakes and a chocolate fruit and nut slice in her first 1.5 hours at school. 

It feels good to be doing something, anything to help when there is nothing that you can do to take someone's pain away.

I am expecting it to be a very busy and very emotional morning. 

In fact I am nearly 100% certain when I see Ebony (7), Bailey (5) and Gemma (2), and the reality that these beautiful children will never see their mother again hits I will cry like a baby on the inside, and remain calm and supportive on the outside.

Bec's youngest sister Kiana rings Emily every night and I just feel her loss so heavily poor little sweetheart.

There is never anything nice about losing a loved one.

The lapband day number 9 went quite well. 

Had the usual tightness this morning, I can really see what people say about the band being tighter in the morning, I can just sip sip sip my Sustagen and to be honest could just drink water for the rest of the day, I am feeling pretty lucky to be at day 9 and experiencing no hunger as yet.

Today's Menu

Lots of water
1 x Centrum Multivitamin and Mineral Supplement
200ml Sustagen
250ml Up and Go Energise
80gm Frozen Fruit and Yogurt
200gm Velish Tomatoe and Spinach Soup
200ml Coffee

This equates to 728 cal or 3054 kjs
15% of the calories are from fat, 21% from protein, 64% from carbs and 0% from alcohol.


What is really surprising me is my lack of care when it comes to seeing other people eat yummy things or cooking for them.  I really thought that this would bother me a great deal but it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would.  I did groan a little when the twins where having my favourite sausage rolls for lunch today but I certainly wasn't remotely tempted to try a little bit, maybe my band scares me a little, I certainly don't want to be bringing food back up or getting things stuck - yuck!

No comments: