Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 Resolutions

At the half way point of my two weeks off and oh my gosh is it going so deliciously slowly......which is just as well because our schedule for when school goes back is going to be scarily crazy.

The girls are in full swing of holiday mode, so far today I have offered a trip to the movies, beach and video store and each offer has been met with a chorus of 'Nah we dont want to' hmmmmmmmm what DO you want to do? 'Ummm nothing mum its the holidays'.

Even my cleaning up demands this morning where met with little to no objections, just a bleary eyed acceptance that the sooner it was done the sooner there would be NOTHING to do.

This reinforces that our school time schedule is seriously chaotic.

The girls are now in a comatose state of vegetation sprawled all over the lounge watching some slightly bizarre reality tv show marathon, I am however hopefull that the lure of fireworks will get us out and about a little later.

So my resoultion for 2008 (apart from utilising my gym membership a little more frequently) will be to discover ways to balance our hectic schedules into some sort of peaceful harmony.

Fortunately Sam doesn't rate in the schedule stakes, poor guy (or lucky depending on the hormones at home that week) works five days away followed by five days at home.

This of course does mean he can pick up the slack when he gets home which usually involves grocery shopping, changing the sheets and talking to the animals.

I don't have the answers for magically reducing the stress and demands of the New Year on us, but I'm ready for the challenge.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm
thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Appreciate it

Here is my webpage ... motivation to lose weight