Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Oh YUCK YUCK YUCK

Today Emily wasn't very well so I stayed home from work with her.

The morning started off innocently enough, a cup of tea and toast in bed while watching the Cinderella Story.

Sarah SMS'd asking us to take a pair of shoes up to school for her because hers broke, I was a bit torn with this request, should I shouldn't I - after all if I was at work the answer would have been a flat no, of course I caved and we headed off.

After the school we went to the Dr, now this is the same Dr I complained about a few months ago, so not surprisingly Emily got a top to toe inspection and I got a carers note for work, thank goodness for the public service and its generous leave amounts for caring!

It was lunchtime, so we decided to grab some movies for the afternoon and some lunch!

Big mistake.

Normally I would have just had a sandwich at work, or reheated left-overs, not too much not too little, but here it was my biggest temptations ANY FOOD I WANTED for lunch.

The Sirens SHOULD have been sounding of in my head, 'NO STOP - you don't want to do it..........'

But I did, and eat I did.

A lunch serve of Sweet and Sour Pork with Fried Rice, and for a little later a lovely scrumptious chocolate eclair with fresh cream.

Oh the absolute wickedness of a mid afternoon movie and eating in bed, of course I didn't make it to the end of the movie.

After that gluttonous load I fell asleep, had some rather strange dreams and woke up feeling like a ship wreck survivor.

Several glasses of water later I have nearly convinced myself that I can just wash it all out and if I dont have dinner all should be well, I have renewed my plans to start another 'watch what I eat' campaign in the not too distant future.

Oh YUCK YUCK YUCK! I wish I would listen to those warnings bells.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Build a bridge luvvy - today is macrobiotic Madonna day!!!

I reckon madonna would luuurrrrrve a day like yours!