Saturday, May 12, 2007

Past, Present, Future

I used to think my sucess was all about what I 'had', I worked hard and 'had' so much more than others my age but deep down I wasnt really happy, I didnt feel secure.

Sometimes life takes you a full circle to teach you a lesson and when I lost everything I thought was important to me, the business the house, the money, the status, I couldnt see a future.

I spent a year in self induced misery, mourning the loss, feeling like there was nothing left in my life.

I dont know why my eyes where closed, but at some stage I realised I still had everything, my health, my husband and my daughters THAT was when my life changed.

When I realised it was ALL within my control and it was ME who directed my future and it was ME that directed my hapiness, things changed.

I made peace with the past and moved towards the future, slowly and steadily I rebuild, I take time to walk along the beach, to smile and have fun, I AM happy.

And 'Happy' is when you know you have 'made it', 'Happy' is THE BEST place to be.





4 comments:

handinhandaus said...

It's silly what you don't tell people so Trudi I am so proud of you. I don't mean that in any condescending way but that I take off my hat to you and all you have not only been through but conquered. You are an amazing lady with a heart of gold and deserve all the happiness in the world.

Brissiemum2 said...

That is so true, Trudi! Happiness is much more than possessions. Your post is so wise. And that fact that you've been to the bottom of life's valley and can still be so positive tells what a truly wonderful person you are!

Jodie said...

Hi Trudi

I so understand what you are saying! OMG I just posted a very similiar post on my blog!

Take care
Jodie (MSF) xxx

Rachael said...

A very honest and heartfelt post Trudi.
I really relate to what your saying. Sometimes we have to experience the hardest times to learn the greatest lessons. I really think happiness is a state of mind. It comes and goes depending on our focus's.
Glad things are good for you now.
xx